We are a Leader in Me School!
We believe that all our students are leaders. We follow the 7 Habits of Happy Kids:
- Be Proactive: You're in Charge
- I choose my actions, attitudes and moods
- I take initiative
- I do the right thing, even when no one is looking
- Begin with the End in Mind: Have a Plan
- I set goals
- I can make a difference
- Put First Things First: Work First, then Play
- I do important things first
- I say no to things I shouldn't do
- Think Win-Win: Everyone can win
- I want everyone to succeed
- When conflict happens, I look for a third solution
- Seek First to Understand then to be Understood: Listen Before You Talk
- I listen to others' ideas and feelings
- I listen without interrupting
- I share my ideas and feelings
- Synergize: Together is Better
- everyone is good at something
- everyone needs to get better at something
- Sharpen the Saw: Balance is Best
- I take care of my body
- I take care of my mind
- I take care of others too
Strengthening our community
We are a safe, nurturing school community that models leadership, inspires a love a learning and embraces uniqueness.
Everyone a Learner; Everyone a Leader
As a community school we believe:
- That each child is a unique individual with different needs and strengths.
- That parents, the school and the community should work together to provide the best possible program for our children.
- That education is a life-long process involving all dimensions of development: intellectual, physical and emotional.
A community school is consciously oriented to the students and community it serves. There is a commitment to use the education process for both individual and community betterment.
Our Community School Mandate is to:
- Enhance education through community related curriculum.
- Involve parents in program and decision-making.
- Function in a democratic collegial manner.
- Promote learning through “everyone a leader”.
- Promote learning through “everyone a learner”.
- Liaise and cooperate with community agencies to promote services for the school and community.
- Adapt the school facility for school and community use and involvement.
- Extend school use to community, educational, recreational, cultural and social uses.
- Study problems and issues in the school and community.
- Foster a sense of community and caring.